Inflamed of sebaceous glands on the cat’s chin is a condition of blackheads growing develop on the chin. In this article, we will guide you to the causes, symptoms and treatment of sebaceous glands inflammation on the cat’s chin.
Causes of inflammation of the sebaceous glands on the chin
The exact cause of this phenomenon has not been elucidated, but there are some factors that are considered relevant to this phenomenon: Stress, poor immune system, cat rarely bathing, grooming, presence of other diseases, contact dermatitis or atopic dermatitis, and abnormal activity of sebaceous glands and hair follicles.
Symptoms of inflammation of the sebaceous glands on the chin
1. There are many acne spots on the chin and the mouth of the cat, and look at the chin as dirty.
2. Acne can develop in small areas, then break and scab.
3. In some cases, there are ulcers, hair loss, swelling that can develop in the chin.
4. It causes pruritus and causes cats scratching, which also causes damage to the entire area. From there the next bacteria can penetrate and grow.
5. This condition may occur only once in the life of the cat, they come and go, or stay there throughout the cat’s life. In the Persian breed it may appear on the face and skin folds.
Inflamed sebaceous glands on the cat’s chin appeared in all breeds, ages and female cats and male cats can suffer.
- Interested in your cat being infected with bacteria? Read it here.
Treating inflammatory sebaceous glands on the cat’s chin
This phenomenon can be controlled but not easy to treat. There are many mild cases, no symptoms should not be treated. In other cases, benzoyl peroxide is commonly used. Benzoyl peroxide gels are used to reduce oil content. Adding fatty acids may be beneficial. Use antibiotics to treat bacterial infections. If there is extensive inflammation, Corticosteroids such as prednisolone may be used for a short time.
Sometimes the disease is also associated with other diseases such as ringworm, scabies … so they should be treated thoroughly.
Cat owners should keep the cat’s chin is clean because that is where the disease easy to grow.